thread: [ADVICE] MCHN says to feed my 12 month old less ... ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Oct 2009
    Bonbeach, Melbourne
    7,177

    [ADVICE] MCHN says to feed my 12 month old less ... ?

    Well calcium doesn't make you fat so I'm going to assume she doesn't really know what she's on about, and assumes you're feeding him crap. As soon as I read he isn't walking yet, well bingo. Once he's running around he'll likely lose some of that lovely baby fat. I hate charts and all of that, there has to be healthy kids on all levels of the chart for it to even exist, and even off the charts there are healthy kids. Humans aren't one size fits all. I wouldn't be worried at all. Also, the suggestion of less everything more fruit is a bit silly, seeing that consuming too much fruit can be just as bad. Eh, I think DS2 is fine personally, I'd take what the MCHN said with a grain of (delicious) salt.

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Member

    Oct 2004
    Cairns QLD
    5,471

    13kg at 12 months isn't that big. All of mine were about 11 or 12 kgs at that age. I would just ignore it & carry on as normal. I mean the fact your DH is the size is says enough for me.